Dear ITRC participants
We have some announcements about the conference in reason of the novel Coronavirus epidemic:
1) We are aware of the emergence and spread of the new Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Our local team is following the daily news published by the main news agencies;
2) We were compelled to make some changes in the Conference program, as the Chinese government had lifted authorization for invited researchers from that country to travel abroad, and as some airlines are suspending flights to and from mainland China.
3) We will do our best in order to deliver all the scheduled lectures. Our invited Chinese speakers will make efforts to give their talks live from China during the Conference, at the time scheduled for the Precision Breeding Panel. Other researchers were also invited to give lectures on that Panel.
4) On Jan 30, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared that the outbreak met the criteria for a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) and issued Temporary Recommendations. By now, WHO advises against the application of any restrictions on international traffic based on the information currently available.
5) We are aware of the problem, following the recommendations of the Brazilian Government and the World Health Organization, and taking all possible measures to prevent the entrance of the virus in South America.
6) Brazil and South America are still free of the virus. Being aware of our responsibility, the Organizing Committee will be taking all possible measures during the Conference to reduce transmission risks. By now, the Brazilian Government guidelines do not advise for cancellation of, or restrictions to, any international event; thus, the conference WILL TAKE PLACE as scheduled.
7) The Organizing Committee advises participants to take all precautions as to avoid taking flight routes through risky zones, and following all airport personnel instructions.
8) We will keep following the news and, mainly, the WHO website where technical guidance and travel advice are available, as well as up-to-date information on the 2019-nCoV epidemic evolution.
9) We advise participants to periodically consult the website Conference and the following links for updated information and recommendations on the theme:
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS 2019 / TECHNICAL GUIDANCE
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS 2019 / TRAVEL ADVICE
We will keep you posted.
We look forward to meeting you in Pelotas!
7th ITRC – Organizing Committee